Electricity In Our Lives
Electricity plays an important role in our daily lives. It is what we take for granted until something goes wrong and the power goes out. Little do we know, much effort has been put into ensuring we can enjoy a civilised environment with constant supply of electricity in our homes, workplaces and everything in between. Engineers, technicians and electricians work on the design, maintenance and installation of a whole range of electrical systems for industrial, commercial and residential purposes all the time. This is why we get to enjoy our creature comforts like our aircon, lights, microwave, tv and more.
Electrical Issues And Maintenance
Have you ever had a light bulb go off in your room? Or after you installed a new electrical appliance, your light dim down for a moment when you switch it on? Or your security system goes haywire? Maybe you just realised that you don’t have enough electrical outlets for your entertainment centre. For issues that are beyond your neighbourhood handymen, you may need to call a certified electrical contractor for help.
Some common household and workplace electrical problems include:
• Power tripping – may be due to faulty appliance or electric switch
• Changing burnt fuses too often – some device is drawing too much power or the fuse rating is too low
• Unusually high electricity bills – old appliances that are not energy efficient
• Zapping or buzzing sound from your power sockets or switches – indicates loose connections causing arcing which is a dangerous electrical fault that may lead to fires
• Smell of burning odour or melting plastic when using an electric device – your device may be drawing too much current or it is not connected properly to the power outlet
• Dead electrical outlet – wiring may have degraded or interrupted in between the source and outlet
• Mild electrical shocks when touching an appliance – the appliance may not be well grounded
Take control of the safety and well-being of the people you love. Some commercial property or HDB flat’s electrical wiring in Singapore are decades old. Rather than having someone repair individual faults, consider having a professional inspect it thoroughly.
The Right Person At Your Service
An electrician can properly advise you on the next course of action to solve your problem(s). You can discuss with the expert on the most cost effective or convenient solution that fits your needs.
Besides, electricians can also help you with other jobs like:
• Water heater/ air conditioner point installation
• New lighting fixture installation
• Wall fan installation
• Adding power outlets
• Electricity usage monitoring
• Old house re-wiring
• Electrical outlet replacement
• Bulb or ballast replacement
• Second opinion for electrical works
• Testing and inspection of existing electric systems
Let HandymanXpert Solve Your Electrical Problems
Avoid the hassle of trying to figure out what is wrong with the dead power socket, and avoid exposing yourself to the risk of getting an electric shock when trying to DIY. It is better to get it done right the first time by experienced professionals as it is their job provide a safe environment for you and your family.
Qualified electricians also tend to produce higher quality work than regular handymen. Be it a small fix or major home re-wiring, give yourself peace of mind by engaging HandymanXpert’s trusted electricians to deliver our professional electrical services at competitive rates to you. Contact us to book an appointment today!